My sesame dessert with nuts and dark chocolate… Wheat, dairy and gluten free!
I am a big eater of seeds. Sesame seeds are one of my favourite. I would even add them to my porridge, musli bars and make mini desserts as you can see.
All you have to do is fry the seeds on the dry pan until they become a bit golden in colour and mince them after. Once you are done with mincing, put everything in a big bowl, add honey and pistachio nuts (small pieces) and form shapes that you like. Add at least 3 tablespoons of honey (depending how much of sesame seeds you use) so that it is possible to glue the seeds together. Also, I like giving them a bath in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle the shapes with crumbled hazelnuts or simply cover them with cocoa powder. Enjoy!
My family loves them! What is so great about them is that they can stay in the fridge for at least two weeks and they are still tasty and crunchy!
Why should we eat sesame seeds in the first place? What is so great about them that they should be used regularly in our kitchen as an addition to the food?
- High Quality Protein- it is 20% of the seed!
- High in Fibre- improves bowel movement
- Rich in Magnesium- we need this mineral as it takes part in releasing energy in our body; known to help lower blood pressure
- Rich in Zinc- collagen (gives skin more elasticity) is produced with the help of zinc
- Rich in calcium- beneficial for bone health.