What I love about homemade lemonade?
The answer is simple. It is a big zesty bomb full of vitamin C, fiber, minerals, essential oils and plant compounds that are brilliant for our heart as they reduce the risk factor for heart diseases and stroke.
- Have pectin (main, soluble fiber in lemons) improves gut health so do add the pulp to your lemonade so that you don’t miss out on the benefits of the fiber,
- Contain vitamin C that helps absorb more iron from food,
- Contain citrate, it is a component of citric acid, that makes our urine even less acidic which can help with kidney stones prevention, so drinking a lemonade can flush small stones out of your kidneys if you have some,
- Can have a laxative effect when drunk as a warm or hot lemonade in the morning,
- Are perfect cure for heartburn as lemon juice becomes alkaline in your stomach which is brilliant for your gastric juice and therefore digestion.
How do I make my perfect lemonade?
- Fresh mint
- Raw honey – around 3-4 table spoons
- Lemons and limes(optional) – around 6 altogether
- Mineral water – around 1,5 l
Have a big bowl, pour into it water that was already warmed up a bit so that honey dissolves quicker, squeeze lemons and limes, crease mint a bit and throw into the bowl. Add more water if you like.
You can add also fresh fruit to your lemonade, like strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds or whichever you fancy!
Spread the love
- Yummy lemonade
- Vitamin A
- Feeling under the weather?
- Jelly belly
- Tricky hidden sugar!
- Luxurious Dead Sea salt baths
- My signature porridge
- Sweet oat feast!
- Such a natural and juicy sweetness
- Herbal and sour cloves of garlic
- Sprouts-wee but how big in benefits!
- Quick light and crunchy veggie and feta cheese salad!
- Start thinking about yourself!
- A wee jar of Nature’s goodness
- Red detox