Salad is enough for 2 portions!
- boil an egg
- can of tuna
- a sour cucumber
- a slice of leek or 1 onion
- 1 raw beetroot
- 1 tablespoon of mayo and 1 handful of dill (fresh or frozen)
- pinch of salt and pepper.
Chop the egg, the cucumber and the beetroot into small pieces, and the onion and leek into tiny pieces. Mix everything with tuna and mayo, add dill, salt and pepper!
Your tuna and crunchy beetroot salad is ready to eat! Enjoy!
Why should we eat tuna? Because it is a great source of:
- Omega 3- fatty acids essential for our body- these fats are very important for our brain, heart, bones, joints and immunity
- protein- crucial in buliding new tissues in our body; hemoglobin (transports oxygen) is made out of proteins…
- vit.D – takes part in the right function of our nervous and immune system.
What is so beautiful about beetroots???
They are wonderful source of B vitamins (wonderful source of for example B9- folic acid- soothing effect for our body and relaxing at the same time), iron, magnesium, potassium and many more like carotene and anthocyanin (fights free radicals in our body).