What do I love to eat that has the butternut squash?
The cream soup that I would mostly be mad about is the cream soup made with butternut squash, carrot and sweet potato. I make pancakes with this wonderful vegetable as well, which are soo tasty too.
Why is it such an increadible vegetable?
1. a great source of fibre and POTASSIUM – we need this electrolite to maintain a healthy fluid balance in the body, it is one of the most important minerals that we get from food, very important in the right functioning of the nervous system, in the right work of the muscles and in regulating blood pressure,
2.a rich concentration of other nutrients like vit. A (powerful natural antioxidant), C ( great boost for our immune system), ZINC and FOLATE,
3. a great source of carotenoids, like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin that work as antioxidants – means they search for free radicals in the tissues and organs of the body and eliminate them before they can cause healthy cells to mutate and cause oxidative stress,
4. one protein in butternut squash has been found to inhibit the growth of melanoma (skin cancer) cells.
- Yummy lemonade
- Vitamin A
- Feeling under the weather?
- Jelly belly
- Tricky hidden sugar!
- Luxurious Dead Sea salt baths
- My signature porridge
- Sweet oat feast!
- Such a natural and juicy sweetness
- Herbal and sour cloves of garlic
- Sprouts-wee but how big in benefits!
- Quick light and crunchy veggie and feta cheese salad!
- Start thinking about yourself!
- A wee jar of Nature’s goodness
- Red detox